Sterile Eye Wash 20ml Pods (case of 25)
The emergency sterile eyewash pods with twist-off tops make Sterowash ready for use in seconds!
To lessen the risk of permanent damage caused by eye injuries, it is important to treat eye injuries immediately and seek medical advice as soon as possible. It's vital to use a sterile eyewash in the event of an eye injury, and equally as important when treating a wound. The Steroplast saline solution 'Sterowash' treats both.
Why use Eyewash/Wound wash?
A complete range of emergency eyewash is available "If mains tap water is not readily available for eye irritation, at least a litre of sterile water or saline (0.9% w/v) in sealed, disposable containers should be provided. Once the seal has been broken, the containers should not be kept for reuse. The container should not be used after the expiry date."
Sterowash is so much safer than tap water, but why?
- Possible bacterial infection from contaminated water
- Potential eye irritation by chlorine and chemicals
- Natural objection to cold water reaction
- Physical problems associated with placing the eye under a tap or into a sink
Saline solution PH Eur 0.9% w/v
The Steroplast saline solution is specifically balanced to ensure no irritation when absorbed into the body.
Ideal for all sports cuts and injuries
- A topical, sterile eye and wound wash solution, containing Sodium Chloride BP 0.9% w/v in purified water BP. No antimicrobial agent or other substance has been added. The product is sterile and pyrogen-free
- Unlike other pods the new pods have a slim neck for greater accuracy, ensuring the water jet goes exactly where you want it and reduces wastage
- Sterile eyewash solution may be used for the irrigation and cleansing of the eyes and for removing chemical splashes from the body